I’ve talked about how branding is so much more than just a logo and a color scheme here at Rock Your Weird. You can already look through the archives and see posts talking about that very thing right now if you want to. Branding is really a type of personality marketing, so when we’re talking in terms of branding and what you need to do to improve it, we’re really talking about marketing.
When you’re a creative business owner there’s so much to invest in for your business and it can be really easy to just feel like you’re moving through the list, checking things off without much thought to it. You might be investing a lot in some things, but not enough in others. Brand coaching isn’t just teaching you how to have a brand, it’s teaching you how to market and truly connect to clients. It’s learning about how your business really stands out and gaining the confidence to use that to build momentum and move your business forward.
It can be really hard to know if you need branding help though, so here are a few signs I’ve seen that let me know when people need to do coaching with me.
- Your business seems to be moving along okay, but you just feel like something is missing. You don’t know what it is that’s missing, it’s just a feeling that things could be more or could be better and you can’t quite put your finger on what it is. What’s usually missing in this case is a really consistent and well-developed online presence. It’s hard to figure out how to be yourself online and on social media. That’s where brand coaching can help you a ton!
- You’ve seen other business owners who you feel have a really strong online presence and don’t know how to make that happen for you. We all have that other business we follow on Instagram or Facebook and they have tons of followers, tons of consistent business and everything always seems to be going great with them. There’s something about their personality that really comes through their posts and you feel like you know them personally and that’s why you keep following them. It would be great if your clients and followers could feel that invested in you, but you don’t know how to make that happen. That’s where working on your personal brand and learning exactly how to express it can help you!
- You want to connect better with your clients. There is a point in everyone’s business where you want to move on from the general clients knocking at your door, to working with a very specific and select group of people that make you happy and really help you enjoy the work you do. It’s hard to figure out how to attract those clients through your marketing, and that’s where personal branding comes in again!
- You want to learn how to use Instagram and Pinterest to connect with more clients. Instagram, and especially Pinterest are amazing tools that can help you express a personal brand in really unique ways. They can re-enforce your brand and business’ message without you really even realizing what you’ve done. Brand coaching with Rock Your Weird teaches you all about how to use these two tools to connect with the types of clients you want.
- You know that blogging is one of the most affordable ways to market, but you don’t know what to write about. That’s the number one complaint about blogging in the world by business owners. When you don’t know your personal brand and its message well, it’s always going to be hard to figure out what to blog about. If you want to learn all about blogging from top to bottom and how to use it to connect with people, be found on the internet and tell your story…you need to just dive in and do it! Blogging is an amazing way to reach masses of people and really connect!
- You don’t feel confident in your business’ future. The statistics are against business owners. Sadly most businesses don’t make it in the long run, and if you want to beat out that statistic and really know what you offer is important, then you need to do everything you can to make it happen!
- You want to stand out from the crowd. Standing out from the crowd of other businesses offering similar services is hard. It means you need to figure out what it is that makes you unique and use that to your advantage!
If these are things that you struggle with consider signing up for the next group coaching starting May 19th! I’d love to have you there learning with me and a group of others who are ready to take their businesses to the next level!
If you’re interested in more blog posts like this follow Rock Your Weird on our Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to get updates. You can also subscribe below to my weekly ‘behind the business’ newsletter full of insight on how running a business actually goes down behind the scenes. You get to be a fly on my wall and learn from my successes and failures with me! We have a Facebook community where you can join and get some business help from other entrepreneurs like yourself. You can also find me out on Periscope regularly broadcasting awesome stuff for you too! Thanks for reading!
Join me behind the scenes!
Subscribe to get weekly emails, written like a journal, about the struggles I face behind the scenes in business and all the new things I learn along the way