Okay so assuming you’ve decided to actually get busy and automate things in your business, let’s talk about the benefits of what you can do with that free time! Since you won’t be wondering what to post on your social media every day, planning it out, writing last minute blog posts, or trying to remember what to email to which clients, you’ve got some free time on your hands! Remember that one of the reasons you probably wanted to start a business in the first place was to have more free time and get more control of your schedule. Maybe you were overworked in your corporate job and didn’t love what you were doing. Now in your own business you can love what you do and have the time to really spend where it counts.
- Get a Hobby – Try guitar lessons! It doesn’t have to be guitar, but it could be music lessons for any instrument. I take weekly guitar lessons even though I’m not very good at it. Maybe there’s something else you’ve always wanted to do, like take a pottery class or learn how to knit. Basically you can take up any hobby you’ve always wanted to do, but never had the time to do before.
- Spend Time with Your Kids and Family – Corporate jobs are the worst because you don’t have the flexibility to make your own schedule. You’re working on someone else time. With your own business once you free up some of your time you can spend that valuable time with your kids or family altogether. Your kids can be lucky they’ll get to see you even more often than they might when you’re working a busier job.
- Spend Time with Your Spouse – Quality time with your spouse is often the first thing to go when life gets tough. Automate some things in business and suddenly you’ll find there is enough free time to go out on a date on a regular basis. This is something I would prioritize no matter what you do with business. That time with your spouse or significant other is everything. A strong relationship or marriage will help your business so much.
- Take Naps – Oh yeah! When you automate your business you can totally take a nap and start working it into your daily routine. I love my naps!
- Get Outside – I think it’s easy to spend all your time in front of your computer playing music or with Netflix on in the background when you own a business and work from home. Sometimes I feel like I’m coming out of a dark cave for the first time in days if I’m overworked and haven’t left the house in awhile. Once you free up some of your time by automating a few tasks in business you can spend time hiking, biking, skiing or whatever else seems fun!
- Do More Business – Okay so if you free up some of your time you actually have the potential to take on more clients and make more money! So if you’re a photographer and you free up a bunch of your time behind the scenes you can spend more time getting behind the camera and doing the part of the job you love the most!
- Read – You can fill up your free time with wonderful books that teach you new things about business, or books that help you escape the craziness of real life and bring you into unforgettable stories!
- Travel – This is by far my favorite option for my free time. You can travel with your friends, family or just by yourself. One time I actually calculated how many hours a week I was spending on posting to social media alone. It ended up being two and a half weeks of my life. I spent two and a half weeks every single year just working on social media alone. When I figured out how to automate it I decided that meant I got two and a half weeks of vacation every year instead for all the time I saved!
- Do Something For Yourself – Many of us put our families, spouses, kids and friends before our own needs. If you have a little free time in your life you should be able to do something just for you. I firmly believe that when you’re truly happy it’s easier to make others around you happy, but it starts with you. If that means you go get your nails done once a week, or take yourself to the spa or even a movie alone (my fav) do it. You deserve a little time just for yourself.
If you missed it, check out the free online course about how to get started using affiliate marketing in your business! It’s such a great tool, especially for photographers, who want to earn a little passive income while hanging out at home with their families! In the meantime, I hope you start thinking about how you can spend the next year in business with a little more free time. Just imagine the possibilities if you figure out ways to better organize and automate your business behind the scenes!
Join me behind the scenes!
Subscribe to get weekly emails, written like a journal, about the struggles I face behind the scenes in business and all the new things I learn along the way